Thursday, September 09, 2010

What's Your Purpose?

I thought about this phrase when I asked myself the question: "What's the purpose of a company's website?"

You can also apply this question to just about every activity or task in your business and life.

Some people are WordPress fanatics, who know 57 different plug-ins for your WordPress site. Others are self-described Social Media "gurus" who have 87,593 connections/friends/fans, and want you to know they're really a big deal.

The questions that always run through my mind when people take or promote these actions are:

"What's the ultimate purpose of doing these things?"
"Are these the best uses of your time and resources?"
"Will they help me achieve my most important goals quicker than anything else I do today?"

Lately I've been more focused on selecting tasks, activities and events to attend that will help me meet my life goals. Doing this will save you a lot of time, money and regrets down the road. Consider the purpose of what you do today, for a better business and life tomorrow.

1 comment:

Marge Mercurio said...

Hi Brian,
I think I've figured out my purpose ... I feel so much better about it now. Maybe I'll send you and email so I can share it with you! Great meeting you in Denver last weekend! Marge